Saturday, March 2, 2013

DIY : Acid Wash Jeans

Hello guys :) it’s a boring day so I decided to try something new. As I organized my closet I saw this jeans of mine. I don’t wear it because it’s so shinny and I don’t know what to be the perfect top for this.



This is my old jeans. I didn't wear it for about 3 years or 4. So let’s start my tutorial. First thing you need is a
great place where you can focus solely on your work. A pair of gloves in case you have a sensitive skin a 
bleaching agent and a rubber band. Remember that acid wash effect will only work for a dark-colored 
fabrics. 

To give a few twists, wrap the rubber bands in the jeans. The effect can be controlled by the number of rubber bands tied in the jeans. (make sure each one is tightthe tied bands in the jeans will retain the original color of the material.

Take a clean bucket add water and a bleaching agent. (for this jeans I used 3 cups of water and 1 1/2  bleaching agent) soak your jeans for about 1 1/2 hours. The longer you soak the fabric the good the effect. 
If you are satisfy with the effect untied the jeans, wash and dry as you normally do. I used a fabric Conditioner because I hate the smell of bleach(b*itch HAHA)! 


This is it! My first ever acid jeans :) I Hope My tutorial will help you to create a new and stylish looks in your old jeans. 

Xoxo,
Your Prince Are

No comments:

Post a Comment